Heat-activated adhesive taping system (HATS) & Pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA)
Many different HATS and PSA lamination systems are available, allowing for the application of lamination to a multitude of surfaces. Your Lauren specialist can help suggest the correct lamination method for your specific application.
Kiss-Cutting – Tabbing (physically added to the part)
Extended liner – Enhance the removal of tape
Is Taping Right for Your Sealing Application?
Lamination attachment systems are a great alternative to screws, staples or metal attachment systems that can often ruin the aesthetic appeal of your application design. Our versatile lamination systems are aesthetically pleasing, easy to install and cost competitive. Lauren’s lamination offerings include double-coated paper, film and foam tapes, transfer tapes and heat-activated tapes.
Our Considerations for specifying a lamination system:
- Is Taping Right for Your Sealing Application?
- To what temperature range will this part be exposed?
- Is it a static or dynamic application?
- Is this used only in assembly or will the lamination need to work for the life of the part?
- To what chemicals/solvents will the part be exposed?
- To what type of surface (substrate) will the lamination be applied?
- To how much surface area can the lamination be applied?
For proper application and hold, the gasket bonding surface must be clean and free of any surface contaminants such as oils, greases, plasticizers, solvents, mold releases and dirt.